TURNED O-RING SEALS
In the majority of industries and sectors, metric or inch O-RINGs are generally used for static seals. They are realized in different materials such as NBR, EPDM, Viton or silicone.
These are standard molded products. You can find them on catalogues that include dimensions and indications for their groove design.
These are standard molded products. You can find them on catalogues that include dimensions and indications for their groove design
Due to dimensions’ problems that did not allow him to realize a proper groove for his standard O-RINGs, one of our customers operating in the hydraulic industry asked us to help him at sizing the seat of a static seal.
Our designers have studied the application and assessed the needs:
- the O-RING had to retain hydraulic oil at a pressure of 90 bar and at a temperature of 60°C;
- the internal diameter had to be about 680 mm, while the section of the rope was 4.2 mm
- the customer needed 2 pieces.
Thanks to our technical equipment, we are able to produce turned O-RINGs up to 1600 mm diameter and with a rope section sized according to customer’s needs. O-RINGS can be realized in various materials:
- SINTEK NBR;
- SINTEK EPDM;
- SINTEK HTPU;
In addition, we are able to create special materials in our laboratories, such as:
- Various types of virgin and filled PTFE;
- Several other elastomers.
- In this case the O-RINGS have been turned in RED SINTEK HTPU (red polyurethane 93°sha).
«We were very satisfied with the technical support received. The «special» O-RING created by ATP technicians is able to adapt perfectly to our spaces, it does not need a special mold and therefore the related costs.»
Consult our general catalog for the recommended materials according to the operating conditions.